Can you explain all the fees I'm seeing?
When creating an order, you will see a few different charges that add up to the total amount. Please note that this price is just an estimate and you will not be charged when creating an order. Once you receive offers from your traveler, you will be able to see the final price for each offer you receive.
The first is the product price, which is the price of the item sold at the retailer of your choice.
Here’s a breakdown of these charges, as shown in the image below.
- Product price = this is the cost of the item you are requesting on Grabr. If you found this item on sale, you should add a note to your traveler if a coupon code is needed to attain the discounted price.
- US Sales Tax = Grabr auto-calculates sales tax for US travelers. Sales taxes vary depending on the US state your traveler is based in and the type of product you request. You will see the amount of sales tax your traveler will have to pay when you receive delivery offers. If sales taxes are not applicable for the item you are requesting, please ask your traveler to uncheck the sales tax box when making the delivery offer.
- Traveler reward = Traveler’s reward for delivering your order. Grabr uses machine learning to estimate this amount, but the traveler may offer a different amount. Expect to pay between 10-20% of the item’s total cost.
- Grabr fee = Grabr charges shoppers a service fee to cover development fees. This includes running operations and providing support among other business expenses.
- Payment processing = Service fee for our payment processing costs.
Important update for shoppers in Argentina
Due to new regulations, when paying in Pesos, the exchange rate is set directly by our payment processors and includes all taxes: Impuesto País, IVA, 35%. The price you see is a final price and you will not receive any additional charge on your credit card. We are working to offer you additional payment methods in the future.
Why is there a traveler fee?
Please note that there is a $5 minimum traveler fee. This fee is to cover the traveler's time and effort. Keep in mind that regardless of the price of your item, travelers still need to take the time to purchase, pack and meet up to deliver the item.
Articles in this section
- How to shop on Grabr
- Cashback Prime Day 2021
- Shopping on Grabr during COVID-19
- What happens after I pay for my order?
- What can I order on Grabr?
- How do I create an order?
- Can you explain all the fees I'm seeing?
- What happens after I create an order?
- Why do I need to pay in advance?
- My traveler is not responding