What should I do if someone offers to pay or deliver outside of Grabr?
Shoppers and travelers also can't share contact information, including email addresses and phone numbers, before accepting a delivery offer and completing the payment on Grabr.
This is our policy for transactions outside of Grabr
What should I do if someone asks me to pay outside of Grabr?
If you're asked to transact outside of Grabr (pay with a bank transfer, wire or cash), you may not receive the product you ordered or fall victim to a scam. Please let us know so we can step in by reporting these users. Simply click on the user’s profile pic, click on ‘Report user’ on their profile and fill out the form.
Shoppers: how Grabr protects you and your money
If you’re a shopper, by accepting a delivery offer and paying through Grabr, we will be able to protect you and your money to make sure you receive the product you ordered. In case something happens, you’ll be connected with another traveler going to your city soon or receive a full refund. Guaranteed.
Have you received an offer to pay outside of Grabr? Even though this can seem like an appealing way to save some money on fees, there are some risks to keep in mind.
- After you accept a delivery offer you like, Grabr protects your payment until you confirm you received your order. If you take the transaction off Grabr, we will not be able to protect your money and make sure you received the product you ordered.
- On Grabr, you can pay in local currency with instalments, and add funds with different payment methods to your Grabr Wallet to pay for your order.
- By paying on Garbr, if your traveler did not deliver the right product or it is scratched or damaged, you can contact customer support to receive a full refund.
- When you deal with a traveler outside of Grabr , since we can’t protect your payment or know what you agreed to, there are no guarantees and we won’t be able to help you if anything happens. Travelers won’t face any consequences if they don’t do what they said they would.
- By transacting and chatting with your traveler on Grabr, our support team can review it to see what you agreed to if something happens or a disagreement comes up.
- When you pay on Grabr, travelers are discouraged from canceling deliveries unless they really have to. We may restrict the accounts of travelers who cancel multiple deliveries without valid reasons. Since travelers verify their accounts with their passports, they can’t start over with a new account.
Reminder: if anyone asks you to pay outside of Grabr, please report them. This will not only keep you safe, but protect other shoppers from possible scams.
Travelers: how Grabr guarantees that you get paid for delivery
If you’re a traveler, by transacting on Grabr, we can guarantee that you’ll get paid for the products that you deliver.
- After shoppers accept your delivery offer on Grabr, they can’t change their minds or simply decide to not show up.
- By transacting on Grabr, we collect and verify shoppers’ payments. By going off Grabr, you may not get paid for deliveries or receive counterfeit bills.
- By keeping your transactions and chats on Grabr, our support team can step in if you have any disagreements with your shopper.
If someone is offering or agreeing to take a transaction off Grabr, we may suspend the accounts of the traveler and/or shopper who are involved. Traveler accounts are passport verified so if it's suspended, you will not be able to create a new one to contact shoppers and make delivery offers.
Articles in this section
- What should I do if someone offers to pay or deliver outside of Grabr?
- Review Policy
- What are ratings and reviews?
- Transactions outside of Grabr policy
- Cashback to Wallet Peru 2021
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2021: Terms + Conditions
- Deliveries during Coronavirus (COVID-19) Travel Restrictions
- What are customs duties? Do I need to collect or pay them?
- What community guidelines do you have in place for me to feel safe?
- Can I invite my friends to Grabr?